Interested in joining the new 6th Ward Democrats? We would love to have you involved.
Our membership application and dues payment are available online via ActBlue here.
If you would prefer to apply and pay dues in person, please contact us.
While we are still finalizing our bylaws, our interim rules set the following criteria for membership:
To be eligible to vote, a member must meet all of the following criteria:
1. Is a Democrat
2. Is registered to vote in the new 6th Ward in the City of Saint Louis
3. Has submitted a membership application to the new 6th Ward Democrats
4. Has paid their annual dues to the new 6th Ward Democrats (currently set at $10)
5. Has not publicly supported or endorsed a candidate of a party other than the Democratic Party in the past 12 months
6. Is not a member of any other ward organization in the new 6th Ward (expiring membership in the former Democratic ward organizations is acceptable during this transition period)
7. For the October 2023 Bylaws Vote, at least one of these criteria must also be met:
A. Is a voting member in good standing of the old 8th Ward Independent Democrats, or
B. Is a voting member in good standing of the old 15th Ward Democrats, or
C. Attended the new 6th Ward Democrats Zoom meeting on January 26, 2023, or
D. Attended the new 6th Ward Democrats Candidates Forum on February 23, 2023 (in person or via Zoom), or
E. Attended the new 6th Ward Democrats Candidates/Issues Forum on March 23, 2023 (in person or via Zoom), or
F. Assisted as a volunteer with the 6th Ward Democrats (poll worker; Vote Today! sign distribution) during the March or April 2023 elections.
Any Democrat who has submitted a membership application and paid their annual dues but is not eligible to be a voting member.